Collection of anecdotes from the development of the Macintosh.
My favorite stories:
- -2000 Lines Of Code, on loc as a metric.
- Round Rects Are Everywhere!, on Jobs looking beyond the code and as a designer.
- PC Board Esthetics, on Jobs’ obsession with esthetics even when no one is going to see that.
- Hungarian, on the backstory of hungarian notation.
- US Festival, one of the rare appearances of Woz.
- Alice, because Alice.
- Swedish Campground, on the origin of the symbol for the Command key. I remember seeing the symbol on a map (maybe Abisko?) and thinking it looked like the key!
- World Class Cities, on why the mac still has a font named San Francisco.
- Make a Mess, Clean It Up!, on thinking outside the box, even outside of work.
- Real Artists Ship, on the huge push to get the software ready.
- Epilogue: The Macintosh Spirit, on the importance of Steve Jobs in the effort.